The Stampin’ Up! If the Broom Stamp cracks everyone up! Even if you don’t normally send Halloween cards, this is a very tempting stamp to buy. Someone immediately came to mind when you saw it. Several more who will get a good chuckle will too.
The one, and only, sample in the 2015 Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog is fine, but I had a vision for a much cuter card. It doesn’t always happen, but I sure do love it when an idea translates to cardstock. My If the Broom Fits Halloween card is quite simple to make.
- Stamp the If the Broom Fits Stamp with Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock. Use your Aqua Painter to color the straw of a broom with Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Pad ink and Crumb Cake for the handle. Use your Paper Snips to trim, leaving a thin, border.
- Trim the greeting “If the broom fits, ride it.” to 2-3/4″ x 3/8″.
- Clean the stamp with Stampin’ Mist and scrub clean and dry on your Stampin’ Scrub. Use Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Pad ink to stamp the brooms on 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ Crushed Curry Cardstock. Use Fast Fuse Adhesive to adhere the broom and greeting over the stamped brooms, as shown.
- Use Fast Fuse Adhesive to adhere 2-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ stars patterned paper from the Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper approximately 1/8″ from left side of 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored and folded in half, Basic Black Cardstock card base.
- Use Mini Glue Dots to adhere each end of Crushed Curry Baker’s Twine of 1/4″ x 4-1/4″ Basic Black Cardstock. Tie another piece into a box approximately 1″ from the bottom. Use Mini Glue Dots to adhere to cover where the Crushed Curry and stars paper overlap. I don’t care for “naked” edges. They look unfinished.
- Ink one of the brooms with Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Pad ink and stamp on lower left corner of 5-1/4″ x 4″ Very Vanilla Cardstock and adhere with Fast Fuse Adhesive to inside of your card. Repeat but stamp on a Very Vanilla Medium Envelope.
Now that you’ve read my directions, you wouldn’t believe how I first was trying to add the Crushed Curry Baker’s Twine. I tried to wrap it around the entire piece, the whole 1/4″ wide piece, and tie it into a bow. Can you say “buckled cardstock”? Some days are blonder than others.
If you like my If the Broom Fits card as much as I do and would like to make it, order If the Broom Fits and any of the other supplies you’ll need now in my online store www.shopwithshelly.com!
All the supplies to make my handmade Halloween card are pictured below and linked into my online store for your shopping convenience. A heads up on the Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper. Go ahead and place your order so you can get your card started. Your Happy Haunting Paper will ship separately on or shortly after October 13.
If the Broom Fits Card Supplies
Join me on the Stamping Playground! A membership community for stampers who want to have fun while they learn, create and share.
You know you want it, go ahead, order If the Broom Fits now!